© 2020 All rights reserved
- This event has passed.
September 4 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Saturday, repeating until December 18, 2021
The primary focus of this Pregnancy Yoga class is to support and enhance your pre-natal experience. The aim is to encourage a sense of relaxation and confidence all the way through your pregnancy up to, and including, labour. As your familiarity and confidence with the practice grows, you’ll find yourself more relaxed and at ease with the daily changes occurring as your baby develops. You will also find that as you progress you will feel more prepared for labour and will have learnt useful practices you can take with you. Students are encouraged to work at their own level and with awareness of their body and baby.
Pregnancy Yoga classes are also a great place to meet other mums-to-be and many lasting friendships can be formed at this time.
The benefits of Pregnancy Yoga include:
- strengthening and toning the muscles of the pelvic floor
- preparing the body for labour
- learning deep relaxation techniques
- helping with effective breathing techniques for labour
- deepening the bond between mother and baby
- helping to alleviate ailments commonly experienced during pregnancy
Pregnancy Yoga classes are suitable for anyone over 14 weeks pregnant up until birth. No previous experience of yoga is necessary.